So I think I’m going to really enjoy this quarter, despite two classes where I’ll have to translate my professors’ broken English/decipher their accents. WFC has field trips and is really really interesting, FMS seems fun (SO bringing popcorn with Albert to the next screening), CHE & MAT are whatever, and I’ll be kept busy with tennis/internship/research on the side. I liked being kept busy in high school; I felt like I was idly wasting my time these past two quarters, but it’s college and there’s tons of new people to meet and it takes time to get adjusted. Stilll, I can’t hang out all the time! I’ll just have to figure out how to balance it all throughout the next few months, but I’ve got a good feeeling :)
Now, if I could only find an animal-related volunteer/job opportunity aside from research for the summer I’d be set…
First day back: I think I’m getting sick, ironically enough. I didn’t get sick from lack of sleep during that 7am weekend, rainy season, or finals week, but I get sick from hanging out with Cynthia during spring break?! Blasphemy. We have the same symptoms :( Only she had them first so it’s obviously her fault! HMPH. I hope we don’t get worsee. *sniffle*
1. Do my hw for once. Apparently this works for learning.
2. Study for once (ahead of time too). Apparently this helps you get good grades.
3. Make a hw/study schedule and stick to it like GLUE. Really now.
4. More arc and tennis! (already on this :) Gotta burn off the chubs gained during breaks & the last 2 quarters, sighh.
5. Don’t sleep in, even though I have 12:10 classes everyday cept 8am Tuesday labs YAYY. Funny how my classes start later and later each quarter. I hope it doesn’t make me lazier.
6. Take more time to smell the roses. Basically just enjoy the campus, go for leisure bike rides, lie on the lawn in the warm sun, visit the Arboretum more, and enjoy the beauty that drew me in when I first visited Davis.
7. Make more of an effort to meet new people? I’m so lazy…
I’m excited to see what this new quarter has in store, aside from the ducklings and bunniees! :D BRING IT ON SPRING QUARTER.
Yeahhh, so I thought I was going to be healthy this break since I wouldn’t have daily cookies or endless buffets to tempt me…but no, I lack self-restraint + my parents and friends bought/cooked a lot of my favorite foods. *sigh* PLUS NO REAL ARC AT HOME. Like I’ve ever used my treadmill more than once…
- Costco hot dog (random on-the-go late lunch, defff not healthy)
- shark fin soup & Chineseee food for dindin!
- pearl tea & chicken w/Jess
- stir fried udon
- Curry Katsu @Mitsuwa’s
- random food @Cynthia’s
- Conneh’s chicken caesar salad
- Japanese desserts
- KFC @Cyn’s
- pork chops
- picnic: dino nuggets, garlic bread, ravioli, chicken salad & deviled egg sandwiches
- LOTS of suushi!
- tons of Viet food
- oysters & sea bass
- An surprised me and took me to Country Gourmet! Only we went to the wrong one in Sunnyvale, so I got regular french toast instead of the deathly banana french toast with caramel rum sauce…mm but in my opinion, death couldn’t taste better.
- more Chinese food @SF - My brother ate with us for the first time in a longg time.
- dan tat (not the WongFu fish)
Sunday I predict…
- Chinese food
- Dim Sum with the Lee’s
- BLUSH finally con Cynsia
- back to DC buffets
FATFATFAT but fun break. Back to the Arc I go starting spring quarter! Plus tennis with Jackie hopefully :D Mihir’s right though. I’m an obese kid at heart.
I did it. I finally got a Tumblr. I’ve been having too many “Tumblr moments” (meaning something that would only typically go on a Tumblr). Oh noo, am I letting social networking sites define where I blog and what I blog about? Or maybe I’m too OCD (CDO) and need to keep everything categorical and organized.. Ahahaha anywayyys, I fail at updating, but here goes my public blog! I think I read too many Tumblrs and it’s time I returned the favor :)